Arsenic & Lies
It is 31 December 1919 and the party at Weatherby Manor is in full swing. The guests exchange furtive whispers of intrigue, blackmail and forbidden love. At midnight, a glass of poisoned champagne shatters, dropped from a dying hand. The family has to find – or frame – the killer before the police start looking too closely into their secrets.
About the game
Arsenic & Lies is a 3 hour larp for 5-10 players inspired by Downton Abbey and Agatha Christie novels. Rather than being a classical whodunnit, it focuses on the emotions, relationships and secrets of the characters involved: solving the murder might be less important to the characters than pursuing their clandestine affairs, arranging marriages of convenience or blackmailing their enemies.
- Infinitely replayable: the characters and relationships between them are based on randomly drawn cards and created by the players right before the game, which makes every run unique.
- Requires no game master or preparation: just read the 2-page instructions and you're good to go.
- Great introduction to larps, accessible to non-larpers and non-gamers; it has been successfully played by diverse groups of people aged 16+.
- 22 double-sided Character cards, 10 News cards, 18 Relationships and 16 Secrets.
- 90 minute soundtrack for ambience and time-keeping.