Eclipse Phase Second Edition
Regular price $59.99
Jim likes Eclipse Phase 2e because he's been waiting years for an update to the biggest and best Mass Effect simulator:
- Your mind is software. Program it.
- Your body is a shell. Change it.
- Death is a disease. Cure it.
- Extinction is approaching. Fight it!
- The ability to switch your body at will, from genetically-modified transhumans to synthetic robotic shells, optimizing your character for specific missions.
- The ability to back up your character’s mind and be restored from backup in the case of death--a built-in system of “save points” and functional immortality.
- Characters are skill-based, with no classes, so players can customize their team roles and specialize in fields of their choosing.
- A focused set of psi rules enable some characters to enhance their cognitive abilities.
- Playing a role in a secretive and dangerous conspiracy that seeks to save transhumanity.
- A setting custom-built for numerous scenario types, from faction-based intrigues to high-tech dungeon-crawls, from mind-scarring mysteries to dangerous exploration of alien worlds via wormhole gates.
- An eclectic assortment of intriguing factions, from techno-anarchists to future-chasing hypercorps, from soul-trading criminals to uplifted animals.
- A range of NPC antagonists to choose from, including rogue AIs, extreme posthuman factions, stand-offish aliens with their own agendas, and transhumans infected and transformed by the virulent Exsurgent virus.