Girl Underground is a roleplaying game for a Guide and 3–5 players about a curious girl in a wondrous world, inspired by Alice in Wonderland, Labyrinth, The Wizard of Oz, Spirited Away, and similar tales.
Follow a young girl’s journey of self-discovery through a whimsical fantasy land with the friends she meets along the way. Explore twisted, willowy woods filled with whisper-soft lies, or tricky fairy rings with riddling promises, all on the way to overthrow an unjust ruler and eventually find your way back home.
The game uses a simple system built on the Powered by the Apocalypse engine—the same foundation for popular games Apocalypse World, Monsterhearts, and Night Witches.
The game comes with seven evocative playbooks:
- The Girl: the hero of the story, who all the players take turns portraying
and the Girl’s Companions, who are portrayed by individual players:
- The Beastie: a talking animal
- The Construct: a handmade person given life
- The Faun: a half-human, half-magical being
- The Mythic: a legendary flying beast
- The Ogre: a friendly giant
- The Runaway: a child who now lives in the wondrous world
Girl Underground is a low-prep game played either as a oneshot or a short campaign of 2–4 sessions. The game provides locations, side characters, and theme prompts to build a wondrous land tailored to each play experience. With little prep required, Girl Underground is perfect for convention games or game nights when you don't have a full table.