Jim likes Maid the RPG because it's one of the first original tabletop RPGs translated from Japanese into English, optimized for anime-style adventures.
Play in the modern comedy setting, or mix it up with 9 additional settings including Victorian era, old Edo period, fantasy and post-apocalypse; and 6 genres including romance, horror, and action. Due to the rules system and random events that form the backbone of the Maid RPG, the game practically runs itself: Go from opening the book to playing a game with friends within just minutes!
* Three game styles in one: The traditional scenario-type; the random event-driven type; and the "favor race", a race to the master's heart!
* Make characters and start playing the game within minutes of opening the book. Everything about the game gears it for Fast Play, Now.
* Optional character types including player-character masters and butlers, and optional rules for seduction and romantic tragedy.
* 11 complete adventure scenarios.
* 3 complete "replays", actual play scenarios in screenplay format. Great for learning the feel of the game.
* The first ever Japanese tabletop role-playing game to be released in English! ...which, when you think about it, totally makes sense in a weird sort of way.
* Hundreds of optional items, costumes, genre and setting events, all presented in a way to easily bring them into the game!
* Combines the original Japanese core book and two supplements into one huge, complete edition of the game in English. A $75 value!